Drew

I was born a year after she became President of the Philippines. I never got to know her better until sometime in College when we studied Philippine History.

For most of the Filipinos who witnessed the EDSA Revolution in 1986, she was a shining beacon of hope, who, alongside many others, mustered the courage to fight and end decades of oppressive rule.

She made history, leading a peaceful revolution that influence a lot of other countries, being the first woman President in Asia, and most importantly, by being an example of a leader who never succumb to the temptations brought about by power.

A lot has been said about her, unending praises about her leadership, strength, unwavering faith and love of her countrymen. It's really a shame for me that I had known so little about her, someone who made big sacrifices, to steer us to where we are now. Reading articles on the web, hearing her speeches on youtube, makes me want to wish that we'd see another great leader like her.

She was so many things to so many people, but as my mom would put it, President Cory will forever be remembered as someone who "made us feel proud once again to be a Filipino".

Farewell Tita Cory, may your legacy live on forever.
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    nice post, Drew. may she rest in peace. i was so emotional yesterday during her funeral mass. in 1986, i was old enough to witness how she saved the country from dictatorship. her memory lives in our hearts, forever.


  2. Drew Says:

    I wasn't born yet that time, but seeing the video of the 1986 EDSA revolution sends shivers along my spine, How much more for people who played a part or like you EJ who had the priviledge to witness it personally... I envy you guys haha


Post a Comment