Drew

It was summer when I first fell in love, a girl I met at a summer camp… And it was the following summer when we parted ways, my first heartbreak…

It was summer when I first learned how to drive, and twas also summer when I hit a tree, trying to avoid a cow that suddenly crossed the road, my first car accident…

It was also summer when I nearly lost my best friend, we were fighting over a girl, who in the end we realized, had just been toying us around… tsk…

It was summer when I had my first taste of the kiss of death, drowned while diving, I still am lucky to be revived, although two of my friends didn’t make it… *sigh*

It was summer when I lost my grandfather, albeit we’ve already expected it since he was way old, it still hurt, because I love him, and it hurts more to realize, he died during summer…

It was summer when I first discovered the joy of surfing, and suffered the bruises, cuts and accidents that came along with the sport… a scar remains until now…

It was summer when I broke my right scapula, went out on a half pipe trying to do rock and roll, found myself wrapped in bandages after, and unable to play the sports I love (tennis, basketball, baseball, volleyball) for quite sometime…

I hate the summer heat; it makes people irritable and irrational… Picked a fight at a bar in Timog, twas the first time I was handcuffed, and jailed, although only for an hour, but still, that experience sucks…

It’s funny how the temperature of summer affects us, the sizzle in the air and the warmth of the sun drives us crazy… Reminds us we are alive after all…

I don’t really hate summer, I just hate the memories the season brings, I hate how summer reminds me of those things… Memories that could’ve been forgotten, but still lingers because they come along with summer…

Although, I must admit, there’s something really magical about summer that never fails to amaze me…


2 Responses
  1. Grabe Drew ... dami mo na palang summer adventure! I don't really have a memorable summer. Yung something na maaalala ko talaga when I'm asked. Sana you'll have a good memory of this summer! :P Sana matuloy tayo!


  2. Drew Says:

    ate rins, more of like summer disasters hahaha... pero sana walang disaster sa CDO trip natin next week hahahaha and sana maging super memorable *fingers crossed*


Post a Comment